Thursday, October 27, 2016

Launching nonprofit Hugs that Empower!

Coming off an overdose of positivity and inspiration, I realize I haven't shared the BIG NEWS!



Here is the story...

What an empowering feeling it was to stand on the McCaw Hall stage at the SVP Fast Pitch Finals this past Tuesday and share the work that inspires me day in and day out, stories of my brave students (stroke and traumatic brain injury (TBI) survivors) who -- in the face of their immense challenges -- show up each week, to dance.

My TangoStride Technique, powered by our new 501c3 nonprofit Hugs that Empower received the Grow50 Award -- giving our organization access to invaluable professional services, the Most Improved Pitch award (thanks to my amazing coaches), and 2 Angel Checks from audience members touched by our mission! Thanks to David Pierre-Louis for encouraging me to apply, to our Hugs that Empower Board Members, and to all my tango students -- you inspire me so!


It's time to celebrate!

Hugs that Empower ~ Launch Party!
Saturday, November 12th 2-5pm

A dressy afternoon affair... to ensure that money is never an obstacle for anyone who wants to get movin' with the TangoStride Program, powered by 501c3 nonprofit Hugs that Empower, providing dance opportunities for people with disabilities.


HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1) Join us! Your ticket is a contribution. Thank you!
2) 
Can't make it? Want to make a donation? Yes, please!
Please visit HugsthatEmpower.org

3) Spread the word: Please join our facebook event to help us build the momentum, and email the info and share any of these links...


Thank you so very much for your continued support!

BIG hugs,
Gabriela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I look forward to your comment!