Friday, October 25, 2013

Doodles of nothing in particular

Somehow I find myself coming back to this idea of taking time off over and over again.  I guess that's intrinsically part of working for yourself doing something you love: it takes a lot of work and it's hard to stop.  But stopping is necessary.  It's been an intense couple of... it's been intense for a long time.  So today when I woke up not really wanting to get out of bed - and I love my sleep, but I do usually want to get up and start the day - it was a sign to just take a little time to read a book and let myself change gears, at least for a bit.  There comes a point when we all need a little breather, a small change, a pause from the running of the daily grind.  So today, I'm going to draw, sketch things I see around me, go back to what I used to love when I was little.  I spent my childhood drawing and doodling.  When things get real intense or you feel a bit of a gridlock, a good strategy is to go back to what you know, back to what you know you love, back to something you used to do that feels good and helps you release, relax, and breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I look forward to your comment!