Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Southern Oregon: Making my way down I-5

Tricia and Holly with Grandma Liz Budbill: Look!
After four straight days and nights of dancing and socializing in Portland, I made my way south down I-5.  A contrast to the non-stop adventure in Portland, Beth (a friend from Jobies - we go back at least 15 years!) and Chris Robinson welcomed me into their home with their adorable daughters, Holly and Tricia, and Beth's mother (and grandmother!) Liz Budbill, who was down for a visit.  Kids' giggles, TV, computer virus remedies, catching up, and home cooking - I was delighted to take a night off from even one of my most favorite things: dancing.


The next day, I made my way to Ashland, Oregon where I found Evo Coffee Lounge, now owned and operated by a father and son team from Washington.  Warm tea and Wifi followed by a nice stroll and sitting on a bench on Main Street - a good break without electricity or internet.


@ Ashland's Tuesday Night Practica




And thanks to the friendly Ashland Tango group and Clay Nelson, I got a chance to teach my signature Tango is About the Connection class before their Tuesday Practica.







Wednesday, April 18th, I continued south down I-5 through Southern Oregon's beautiful mountains.

climbing mountains on I-5



[More photos at US Tour: Southern Oregon]

And the journey continues... (to the harmonies of Lauryn Hill)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I look forward to your comment!