Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Battery Power Low...

I just posted the following status to my Facebook:

"battery power low... #GabrielasUSTour"

And why share a not-so-positive status update, you might wonder? 
More than halfway around our amazing country, I haven't had a shortage of wonderful experiences to post about - care packages from friends, reconnecting with and meeting amazing people, indulging and taste-testing, seeing places I've only heard about, chasing alligators and sunsets, embraced all along the way.  Sharing positivity has been effortless.

I posted this status because I want to share the process.

I want people to know that it’s not always rosy and that everyone needs a break sometimes.  I need to remind myself that I need a break sometimes, that I’m human, that this project is real... And yes, those of you who asked if I was scheduling days off early on, you told me so.  You did, I know.  Now, I really know.

Even if it's work you love and want to do, everyone needs a break sometime. 

So I'm disconnecting my external hard drive, putting on some sweats, and taking this party to Patty and Stan's porch swing - yes, they have a porch swing!  A glass of wine and Season 8 of Grey's Anatomy.  Here's hoping the mosquitoes don't eat me alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I look forward to your comment!